Subscribe Us

NC man wins $100,000 before birth of 1st child

CRAVEN COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) -- Douglas Hurlock, of Havelock, a soon-to-be-father for the first time, bought a $25 scratch-off ticket and won a $100,000 prize, according to an NC Education Lottery news release.

“Now my child’s medical care will be taken care of when he’s born,” Hurlock said.

Hurlock said he bought a Spectacular Riches ticket because his first choice was sold out.

“I gave it to my wife to look at because I didn’t believe I was seeing what I was seeing,” he said.

Hurlock bought his winningy ticket at the Speedway on East Main Street in Havelock.

He collected his prize Thursday. After required state and federal tax withholdings, he took home $71,017.

Hurlock said the only plan he has right now for the money is to take care of his child. He said the baby is due in late November.

Where can I get the latest lottery numbers?

Watch lottery drawings on FOX8! Mega Millions airs at 11 p.m. on Tuesday and Friday. Powerball airs at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. The NC Lottery airs at 11:22 p.m. every night.

You can also find the lottery results online on the FOX8 website


Post a Comment

0 Comments